Saturday, October 25, 2008

cherishing the past



I know a good friend whose family had lost their matriarch about a year back. She was a dressmaker, as was her mother and quite possibly her mother. When my friend was telling me about breaking her house up, I asked if she had a dress form, and indeed she did. My Dad's side of the family is into antiques, so having an old dress form was very exciting to me. It also gave me the opportunity to honor someone's past.
To make a long story short, I was given the dress form just today, and I am so happy with it. It isn't adjustable, but there is just something about it that I love. Of course I had to dress her with a necklace ;)
The problem is I don't know anything about the dress form itself. It's got Majestic D.F. Co. on its base, but other than that I have no idea. Anyone out there with antique dress form knowledge?

No comments: